My Health Improvements for June 2012
After a month of working out regularly and eating much better, I’m happy to report that I’ve made good progress and some areas that I have to work harder at.
The Quantative Stuff:
- May 29, 2012 : 224.2 lbs, 22.3% body fat, 37.70% muscle mass
- June 29, 2012 : 210.2 lbs, 19.3% body fat, 39.4% muscle mass
The Qualitative Stuff
- I feel more focused in both my personal and professional life right now. It’s been a busy year and when I haven’t had time to exercise, I think it’s definitely impacted my thinking personally and professionally.
- Family, friends, co-workers have all told me how much healthier I look now.
- I’ve been pretty disciplined about eating but I feel like in the past week I’ve let things go a bit… need to keep at it. I’ve slipped a bit on portion sizes but i’ve still effectively cut out a lot of carbs and processed foods.
- I have so much more energy throughout the day now. It feels nice to regularly wake up around 6am by myself naturally and have time in the morning to work out, read, focus myself, and reflect on what’s been going on in my life.
- Blood pressure is still higher than I’d like it… hopefully over time it’s going to come down as a result of the weight loss and exercise.
- I’m going to step up my weight training to build lean muscle instead of just losing weight.
- I have to start getting my mileage up a bit more for my half-marathon training. I’m regularly doing 3-4 miles several times a week, but I’m going to bump that up to 4-5 miles next month.
- I have physical therapy 2x a week on my shoulder to continue reducing the pain in my shoulder, upper back, neck.
- I’m going to start going to Pilates more regularly to strengthen my core
- If I can drop maybe 3-4 more lbs. next month and strengthen some of my weak areas (my core + neck + shoulders), I’ll be really happy.